The following is a sermon or teaching outline from my brother-in-law, Jim MacCleary. I think it is much needed and hope you will use it to glorify the Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus. Revelation 22:20
BARNABAS’ RESUME’ FOR RIGHTEOUS REPRESENTATION
TEXT: Acts 11:24 -” For he was a good man and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith and much people was added unto the Lord.”
1. A good man
2. Full of the Holy Ghost
3. Full of faith
INTRODUCTION: The Character of Biblical Barnabas is lacking in the modern Christian church today. I pray this outline will be a Challenge to your spiritual Conduct for the Cause of Christ.
1. Barnabas had Holy reverence to his Redeemer. Hebrews 9:15
a. Total unconditional servant or bond slave. Phil. 3:8
All or nothing – Christ versus dung
b. Matthew 16:26 – “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”
2. Barnabas had a good Christian Report Acts 4:36,37
The apostles and the church at Jerusalem saw Christ in Barnabas and gave
him the nickname, Son of Consolation (encourager), a man of good works, supervised by the Holy Spirit.
3. Barnabas had a good Christian Reputation Psalm 37:23; Acts 11:24
Abstain from all appearance of evil. I Thess 5:22
4. Barnabas was a good reflection of Christ. Malachi 4:2
Light and life of Christ showed a bright light from the Son of Righteousness. John 8:12
5. Barnabas was rewarding to others. Acts 11:23; Hebrews 11:6
a. Gift of encouragement or of exhortation. Romans 12:8-9
b. He was a good picker upper or edifier. Ephesians 4:12
6. Barnabas was rich in responsibility. Phil. 4:18-19
All true Christians are as rich as God is.
I Cor. 3:21 “For all things are yours.”
7. Barnabas was a respected representative of Christ and His Church. II Cor. 5:20
b. Pentecostal witnessing is power from God. Acts 1:8 – Power to witness
8. Barnabas had no reservations in rescuing the perishing. Romans 1:16
Not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.
a. To the believer – Ephesians 4:12 – Edification
b. The unbeliever – Galations 6:9-10
9. Barnabas had, as all true Born Again Believers, a reserved reservation in Heaven because of God’s reliable Word. John 14:1-3
The King James Bible, the Bible God has anointed and uses and the Bible that Satan hates. (The Perfect Preserved Word of God)
CHRISTIAN – YOU HAVE THE SAME HOLY SPIRIT AS BARNABAS, ARE YOU WILLING TO BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT AND HAVE THE SAME RESUME’ FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS AS BARNABAS?